DAFI 25th Anniversary Celebration Photo Competition
This competition is a free photo competition operated by INTERSOS to highlight the role of education in a refugee’s life in Yemen.
The Competition will have three stages:
- Stage One: Competitors Application for participation – send an application form by email to email@example.com
- Stage Two: A Facebook based Competition – score is based on the number of ‘likes’ received per photograph on the DAFI Yemen Facebook page.
- Stage Three: The ceremony celebrating 25 years of DAFI Scholarship and to award the winners.
- Territory and Eligibility
The Competition is open to Yemenis and refugees aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person is allowed. Entry to the Competition is free of charge although the producing photo’s cost is the participant’s responsibility.
- Competition Dates
The opening date of Stage One of the Competition is 22 February 2017 at 12:00 Arabia Standard Time (AST) (Yemen Time) and the closing date is 22 March 2017 at 18:00. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered for the Competition. INTERSOS accepts no responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other system problem, server, provider or otherwise that may result in an entry being lost, delayed or not properly registered.
Entries selected for Stage Two of the Competition will be notified no later than 29 March 2017. INTERSOS will inform each contestant individually that his or her photograph has been selected or not selected for the Stage Two of the Competition through direct email communication.
Stage Two of the Competition will commence at 10:00 AST on 01 April 2017, which is when the 10 photographs selected during Stage One will be posted on the DAFI Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/DAFI-Yemen-593806994119466/?fref=ts]. Three top photographs that receive the most ‘likes’ by 18:00 AST on 14 April 2017 will be crowned the winners in order of the number of “likes” that each receives.
The photo completion will be open for all people aged 18 years and above, thus only the best 10 photographs will be advanced to the like’s stage on the DAFI Facebook page
The Competition winners will be notified no later than 20 April 2017. INTERSOS will inform the three winning participants how to claim their prize and any additional information or steps required enabling INTERSOS to deliver the prize(s). INTERSOS reserves the right to award the any of the prizes (first, second or third place) to another Competition participant if the prize is not claimed within seven days after such notification.
- How to Enter
The Competition will be promoted through DAFI Yemen Facebook, Twitter, and website pages. The Competition may also be promoted via other DAFI and INTERSOS online channels and third party organisations.
To enter Participants must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Photo Contest entry” and include the following:
- One photograph that they wish to enter.
- A short write-up (no more than 100 words) about the photograph.
A selection panel from INTERSOS, DAFI and UNHCR will be responsible to select the best 10 pictures; which will be posted in the DAFI FB page.
- Prizes and Selection of Winning Entries
There will be three winners: The winners will be determined by the most ‘likes’ obtained on the DAFI Yemen Facebook page. The first prize winning photograph will be the one that receives the most ‘likes’. The runner-up will be the photograph with the second most ‘likes’. The third runner-up photograph will be the photograph with the third most ‘likes’. Photograph entries will be chosen by the judging criteria provided on the Competition page, and as specified below:
- Impactful imagery that transports the viewer to a specific place.
- Photographs that highlight the importance of Education in refugees’ life.
- Imagery that demonstrates the benefits of education for refugees.
The first place prize is USD 200. The runner-up prize is USD 150. The third runner-up prize is USD 100.
Participants who are not in the top three will not receive notification.
INTERSOS will not cover any costs or expenses incurred by the participants for their transportation or accommodation to attend the ceremony. The winners will need to arrange and pay for their own transportation and accommodation in Sana’a to attend the ceremony.
Prizes are given to the winning participants. Prizes cannot be substituted for any other goods or services.
INTERSOS accepts no responsibility in case of failure to notify a winning participants or failure to deliver prizes where such failure results from the provision of inaccurate contact details by the participants or from the acts or omissions of any third party (including, without limitation, any internet or postal service provider) and shall have no liability to any participant if it is prevented from or delayed in delivering any aspect of the Competition or the prizes by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control.
- Personal data
INTERSOS will collect and store the names and email addresses of all participants and the additional contact details of winners as anticipated by sections 4 and 5 above. INTERSOS will use this personal data for the following purposes:
- Managing the relationship between the participants and INTERSOS;
- Communicating with participants to answer their queries about the Competition;
- Communicating with the winner and arranging delivery of the prize;
- Marketing and publicity in accordance with Section Seven below.
By participating in the Competition, participants consent to their personal data being processed by INTERSOS in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in, this Section Six.
Participants can exercise their rights to access their personal data held by INTERSOS and withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data by sending an email, accompanied by a scanned photocopy of their ID/valid passport to email@example.com.
- Publicity and rights
INTERSOS might publish the names and photographs of the winners on DAFI’s/ INTERSOS websites, Facebook pages and Twitter pages, in press releases and in other promotional and marketing material. In addition, INTERSOS may write and publish articles about the Competition and the winners. Proof of participation on the competition may also be requested.
By entering the Competition, the Participants:
- Confirm that INTERSOS shall be entitled to use, free of charge, the photographs, in their original format or edited, adapted or altered, for the purposes of INTERSOS’s internal and external promotional and publicity materials and for any programmes, publications, websites, electronic publications and social media services worldwide produced by or on behalf of INTERSOS;
- Agree that INTERSOS shall be entitled to pass the photographs and the Participants’ names to external press and media agencies, publishers and broadcasters, and to partners and other third parties with which INTERSOS works, anywhere in the world, for the purposes set out in these Competition rules;
- Agree to co-operate with any such publicity or marketing if they win the prize.
All rights to INTERSOS’ name and logo, websites, Facebook pages, Twitter pages, press releases and other promotional and marketing material, content and materials (together the “Organization’s Materials”) shall remain with INTERSOS (or its licensors). By participating in the Competition, participants agree that they will not use, broadcast, publish, export, exploit, reproduce nor copy part or all of the Organization’s Materials.
INTERSOS may disqualify or refuse to accept the entry of any participant which does not meet the eligibility criteria in Section Two or does not otherwise comply with these Competition Rules. We reserve the right not to award the prize or to select an alternative winner if we are aware or have reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible.
INTERSOS accepts no responsibility for any further Terms and Conditions imposed upon the Competition winners during the acceptance of the Prizes.
- Acceptance of Competition Rules
By participating in this Competition, Participants are deemed to have accepted these Competition Rules.
Please find following: